Getting babies to sleep through the night is one thing; getting willful toddlers and energetic preschoolers to sleep is another problem altogether. At our house, we’ve been reading school library books in bed, then either I or daddy falls asleep with the kids in their room. Sometimes this is all well and good, but often we wake up an hour or two later, very groggy, upset by all of the evening chores we failed to finish before letting ourselves sleep.
Written to help sleep-deprived parents of children ages one to five, The No-Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers offers loving solutions to help this active age-group get the rest they – and their parents – so desperately need.
A follow-up to Elizabeth Pantley’s megahit The No-Cry Sleep Solution, this breakthrough guide is written in Pantley’s trademark gentle, child-centered style. Parents will discover a wellspring of positive approaches to help their children get to bed, stay in bed, and sleep all night, without having to resort to punishments or other negative and ineffective measures. The No-Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers tackles many common nighttime obstacles, including:
- Refusals to go to bed,
- Night waking and early rising,
- Reluctance to move out of the crib and into a big-kid bed,
- Nighttime visits to the parents’ bed,
- Naptime problems,
- Nightmares, “night terrors,” and fears,
- Special sleep issues of twins, special needs children, and adopted children,
- Sleepwalking, sleep talking, snoring, and tooth grinding
From the Back Cover
“A good night’s sleep is within reach. Let the great ideas in this book guide you and your child there . . . lovingly.”
–Harvey Karp, M.D., author of The Happiest Toddler on the Block
Your toddler isn’t sleeping through the night. Your preschooler battles bedtime. And you haven’t had a good night’s sleep in how many years? Get the rest you all desperately need with advice found in The No-Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers.
Elizabeth Pantley’s beloved parenting classic The No-Cry Sleep Solution has helped hundreds of thousands of parents gently coax their babies to sleep. Now she gives you tools to help your one- to six-year-old child get in bed, stay in bed, and sleep all night by providing no-cry solutions for
- Bedtime battles, dawdling, and evening meltdowns
- Night waking and early rising
- Moving out of the crib and into a big-kid bed
- Graduating from the family bed to independent sleep
- Ending the all-night breastfeeding routine
- Stopping nighttime visits to your bed
- Handling naptime problems
- Nightmares, separation anxiety, and fears
About the Author
Elizabeth Pantley is the author of the parenting classic The No-Cry Sleep Solution as well as Gentle Baby Care, Perfect Parenting, Hidden Messages, and Kid Cooperation. She is frequently quoted as a parenting expert and is the mother of four great sleepers.
Have a Kindle? Get the ebook right now at Amazon.com!