With school lunches under scrutiny these days, parents often labor over how to pack a nutritious and delicious lunch box for their children. Individually wrapped treats and tasty snacks make the lunchbox experience magical, but when a child suffers from gluten intolerance, the task can become monumental. Parents of these children can rejoice in these gluten-free goodness lunchbox ideas and rest easy knowing their young one enjoys a happy lunchbox.
Since white bread usually is the star of the lunch box lineup, French Meadow Bakery has developed a tasty new sandwich bread as the perfect midday staple for children (and even adults) living with gluten intolerance.
French Meadow Bakery Gluten-Free Sandwich Bread is light in texture and is so delicious, kids won’t even know it is missing the gluten. Made with fluffy egg whites and a sweet touch of honey, this all-natural bread is ideal for a hearty sandwich stuffed with delicious fillings or as a savory snack topped with cheese or peanut butter.
For a delicious, gluten-free lunch box, begin with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. To ensure growing children get plenty of protein, add a tasty dip made with Greek yogurt as a hearty and healthy condiment. Next, instead of the everyday sandwich, make savory Italian Dunkers (with zesty marinara sauce on the side) for an exciting change of pace. Kids will love the easy-to-eat and finger-friendly lunch, and moms will love serving a well-rounded, nutritious meal.
For more information about delicious products that make gluten-free meals-on-the-go possible, visit www.frenchmeadow.com.
- 2 slices French Meadow Bakery Gluten-Free Sandwich Bread
- 1/4 cup Italian cheese blend Garlic powder
- 1/4 cup jarred marinara sauce
- Turn on broiler to high. Sprinkle cheese over bread. Sprinkle with garlic powder, if desired. Broil on medium shelf for about 4-5 minutes, until cheese is golden brown. Slice into strips. Serve with marinara sauce.
Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip
- 7 ounces Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon beau monde seasoning
- Stir all ingredients together. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes. Serve with fresh vegetables.
French Meadow Bakery